BY AASTHA NIRMAL
For too long the image of a typical Whiskey drinker has been masculine. But that’s changing.
Siddharth Parashar, Founder of Scotch Scentuary says, “We must see Whiskey not as a gender specific drink, but something anyone can drink or enjoy. Men enjoy Vodka as much as women. Let’s leave alcohol gender biased”. I recommend you to follow his Instagram page.
We are about to learn 5 delicious hard liquor cocktail recipes brought to us by Scotch Scentuary. My ladies, next time you host a party, learn these recipes so that people remember you as the best hostess ever!
Base alcohol- Beer
Tomato juice- 60-90 ml (as per your taste)
Lime Juice- 15ml
Soy Sauce- 4 drops
Hot Sauce (tabasco)- 4 drops
Chilli Powder- 1tbsp
Lime Wedges to moisten the rim
- Place enough salt and chilli powder in a wide plate.
- Rub the rim of the Highball glass with the lime wedges to moisten the glass and dip it into the spicy salt mixture.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Add tomato juice, soy sauce, hot sauce, and freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Top it up with your favourite beer and stir nicely.
- Garnish with lemon wedge
Twisted Cold Coffee with Baileys
This is the easiest and a classic coffee drink made with coffee or espresso and Baileys Irish Cream to give you the perfect zip.
Base Alcohol- Baileys
Your regular coffee
50ml Baileys Irish Cream
Blend all the ingredients and garnish with coffee powder and some brown sugar.
Base Alcohol- Gin
Lemon juice- 10ml
Simple Syrup- 10ml
Mint leaves for garnishing
- Add all the ingredients and shake well.
- Pour it in a highball or a Coupe glass.
- Top it up with some ice and garnish with mint leaves
Base Alcohol- Gin
Blue curacao- 20ml
Lemon juice- 20ml
Pineapple juice- 40ml
Mint leave for garnishing
Fill the glass with ice, add all the ingredients and garnish with mint leaves.
Base Alcohol- Bourbon Whiskey
Jim Beam (Bourbon Whiskey)- 30ml
Simple Syrup- 15ml
Lemon juice- 15ml
Sparkling white wine
Cherry and lemon peel
- Add ice, bourbon, lemon and simple syrup in a shaker. Shake lightly.
- Strain into a chilled glass.
- Top with sparkling wine.
- Drop a cherry and twist the lemon peel.