BY NEELAM CHAUDHARY
“Summertime” and the temperatures are on the rise. This is the time when we women are worried about the dehydration and struggle to get glowing skin.
During summers our bodies sweat more. The excessive amounts of sweating leads to inadequate amounts of water in our body leading to dehydration. Our skin begins to feel irritated, stretched and flaky.
If you are struggling with dehydrated skin – fret not ! We have curated 3 secrets to keep that glow on all summer long !
H2O & Liquids All The Way
We all know summers mean drinking more water. However, it is difficult for many of us to plan a hydration calendar. We often forget to add different healthy drinks to our daily intakes. In this case you can always opt for markered water bottles. These drinking bottles are measured and allow you to keep a track of how much water you have drank. Additionally, here are some healthy drinks you can incorporate :
- “Fruit juice” contains about 85% of water and also vitamins & minerals which will also be beneficial for healthy skin. Watermelon juice specifically is quite beneficial.
- “Coconut water” contains about 95% of water.
- “Milk” yes! You read it right, as milk contains calcium and vitamin D and protein. This is great for your skin !
Hydrating sleeping masks keeps your body hydrated. These masks are infused with hydrating ingredients that help plump and boost your skins moisture while keeping a check on the PH balance. Here are some hydrating masks that make a difference :
- Dot & Key Plumping Water Sleep Mask : https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwixx93nsfbxAhWJfSsKHTQCC3QYABAKGgJzZg&sig=AOD64_3Cj3v7YN9u8C78s9KXoHL-WYkDYA&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwiAtdPnsfbxAhUZfisKHXbOD-gQww8IhgY&adurl=
- MyGlamm Youthful Hydrating Mask : https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwixx93nsfbxAhWJfSsKHTQCC3QYABAcGgJzZg&sig=AOD64_2QmBdmi7XZY3qH1X9g6mgPnKjujw&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwiAtdPnsfbxAhUZfisKHXbOD-gQww8ImwY&adurl=
- Clarins SOS Hydra Refreshing Hydration Mask : https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwixx93nsfbxAhWJfSsKHTQCC3QYABAcGgJzZg&sig=AOD64_2QmBdmi7XZY3qH1X9g6mgPnKjujw&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwiAtdPnsfbxAhUZfisKHXbOD-gQww8ImwY&adurl=
It is important that you take care of your eating habits during summer. You should plan to add fruits and vegetables that help with your natural glow. Here are some examples – broccoli, cucumber, watermelon, carrot oranges, peaches, spinach, strawberries and so on.
Here is a Hydrating Salad Recipe that will change your life :
Step 1 : Mix Lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, zucchini and watermelon in a salad bowl.
Step 2 : Add salt and Pepper
Step 3 : Add olive oil and you are all set to go !
Following these three basic tips will up your hydration game. Flaky skin and dry itchiness will become a problem of the past! Join the hydration bandwagon to get your summer glow on!